Hearing Aid Options
Types of Hearing Aids Available at The Advanced Hearing Center
If you are experiencing hearing loss and looking for high-quality hearing care and hearing aids in the Floral Park, NY, area, the Advanced Hearing Center is the right place for you. We carry multiple advanced hearing aids in the latest styles that offer many benefits.
One of the biggest benefits of our advanced hearing aids is they automatically adjust to your listening environment and make changes based on the signals detected by the device. Basic digital hearing aids generally require you to make manual adjustments in certain listening environments. These adjustments can include turning a volume control up or down, or pushing a button to change listening programs. With our advanced hearing aids, manual adjustments are a thing of the past.
Our experts will work with you to determine the perfect advanced hearing aids to suit your needs!
Hearing Aid Brands & Styles
We proudly offer the following variety of hearing aids to help you hear the sounds around you:
In-the-Ear Hearing Aids (ITE)
- Invisible-in-the-Canal Hearing Aids (IIC) - Designed for mild to moderate hearing loss, these hearing aids sit in or past the second bend in the ear canal, rendering them invisible to virtually all observers.
- Completely-in-the-Canal Hearing Aids (CIC) - Nearly invisible when worn, CIC hearing aids fit entirely within the ear canal. They’re best for patients with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In-the-Canal Hearing Aids (ITC) - These hearing aids are larger and more visible than CIC hearing aids, but they also support more advanced features like longer battery life and directional microphones. They are best for patients with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Full Shell or In-the-Ear Hearing Aids (ITE) - The most versatile and advanced hearing aids, full shell hearing aids sit in the outer ear bowl. While they are easily visible, they offer advanced features like directional microphones and larger battery sizes. They can also fit larger receivers, making them suitable for patients with mild to severe hearing loss.
Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aids (BTE)
- Mini BTE (with slim tube and tip) - These are some of the more discreet BTE hearing aids. The aid hides behind the outer ear, while a thin tube connects to a soft tip that sits in the ear canal and feeds amplified sound to the ear. The result is a natural feeling with excellent amplification for mild to moderate high-frequency loss.
- Receiver-in-the-ear (RITE) - While this style looks similar to the mini BTE, there are big differences. The RITE hearing aid incorporates the speaker into the ear tip rather than the main body of the instrument. This makes them effective even for those with severe hearing loss.
- BTE with earmolds - This style suits patients with mild to profound hearing loss. Because they are larger, they can include features like a program button and volume control. Their discreetness depends on several factors, including your hairstyle as well as the earmold color and style. Some patients opt for the most discreet styles possible, while others go all out with bold designs such as leopard print and chrome.
We proudly offer the latest hearing aid options from major brands including:
Schedule your appointment today to see which brand our team recommends for your hearing needs.